INSTRUCTIONS AND ALIGNMENTS
Upper controlarm relocation
- 1. Jack car, remove front wheels and front shock absorbers.
- 2. Compress spring and remove.
- 3. Support lower control arm and brake assembly on a jackstand.
- 4. Unbolt control arm bolts from the inside of the engine compartment. For
'64 - 66 years, save aligment shims and remember their original location.
- 5. Move the upper control arm, rotor, and spindle to one side. Support
- 6. Bolt the template to the existing holes.
- 7. Mark new holes with a center punch.
- 8. Drill new holes. Start with a small bit, 1/4", and work up to 17/32".
- 9. Install upper control arms in new holes. For 1964-66, use the alignment
shims in the same original positions. Remove an even thickness, about 1/8" to
1/4", of shims for each position to compensate for the increased positive
- 10. Reassemble suspension.
- 11. Align front suspension to the specifications below.
Caster 2 degrees positive
Camber 0 to 1/2 degree negative